Funding: NIH/NIBIB U24 EB028980
Best viewed: On FireVoxel Tutorials YouTube channel at 1080p resolution
- Basic operations. Load and view images in DICOM and other formats, obtain image information, and save images as FireVoxel documents and in Analyze and NIFTI formats.
- View options. Adjust grayscale window, select color maps, use zoom tools, view images in different projections and customize user interface.
- Raster ROIs. Create image layers, draw and edit raster ROIs, use Fill and Morph tools for faster ROI editing, obtain ROI statistics, save ROIs.
- Vector ROIs (VROIs). Create, move and resize VROIs; adjust properties; extend 2D VROI in 3D and 4D; measure distance; save and load VROIs; image crop.
- Advanced Raster ROIs. Use ROI operations to segment tissues; threshold to ROI; Peel operation; maximal connected component; connected component by seed; Grow operation; compare ROIs; estimate segmentation accuracy.
- Introduction to EdgeWave Segmentation. Introduce EdgeWave tool for automatic segmentation; illustrate the internal steps of EdgeWave using basic ROI and layer operations to segment fat tissues (total fat, subcutaneous fat, and visceral fat); then use EdgeWave for the same task.
- Introduction to MRI Non-uniformity Correction. Introduce MRI non-uniformity artifacts; overview of N3 and N4 algorithms; perform N3 and N4 non-uniformity correction; introduce BiCal algorithm; use BiCal to perform non-uniformity correction.
- Introduction to MagTrace Tools for Semi-Automatic Segmentation. Introduce MagTrace tools for semi-automatic segmentation; customize MagTrace parameters; draw MagTrace vector contours and rasterize them; use MagTrace to segment organs and tissues.
- Introduction to Dynamic Modeling. Load 4D documents; view and save time-activity curves; manipulate 3D and 4D ROIs; perform voxel- and ROI-based 4D processing; generate parametric maps.
- Image-Derived Input Function (IDIF). Describe the IDIF algorithm; explain the IDIF tool’s parameters; demonstrate the use of the IDIF tool in DCE MRI in the abdomen and prostate and dynamic PiB PET in the brain.
- Image Transformations. Perform interactive image translation and rotation; change voxel size (subsampling, oversampling); reformat.
- Coregistration Based on DICOM Tags. Coregister two 3D DICOM images acquired within the same session using orientation and position attributes.
- Coregistration Using Mutual Information. Coregister two 3D images using mutual information; demonstrate coregistration of MR and CT images.